1.8.18 extra shared libs installed ?

marco atzeri-2
Just built 1.8.18 on cygwin.

The following shared libs are only for test
purpose and not supposed to installed

   /usr/bin/cygdynlib1-0.dll
   /usr/bin/cygdynlib2-0.dll
   /usr/bin/cygdynlib3-0.dll
   /usr/bin/cygdynlib4-0.dll
   /usr/bin/cygdynlibadd-0.dll
   /usr/bin/cygdynlibvers-0.dll

as there is a

   install-exec-hook:
         $(RM) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/*dynlib*

that however seems ineffective on 1.8.18.
Anyone saw the same on other platforms ?

In addition the attached patch was needed to
to properly link the shared libs to libhdf5
due to no-undefined requirements.

Thanks
Marco

hdf5-1.8.18-1.src.patch (1K) Download Attachment

Re: 1.8.18 extra shared libs installed ?

marco atzeri-2
On 08/04/2017 02:55, Marco Atzeri wrote:

> Just built 1.8.18 on cygwin.
>
> The following shared libs are only for test
> purpose and not supposed to installed
>
>   /usr/bin/cygdynlib1-0.dll
>   /usr/bin/cygdynlib2-0.dll
>   /usr/bin/cygdynlib3-0.dll
>   /usr/bin/cygdynlib4-0.dll
>   /usr/bin/cygdynlibadd-0.dll
>   /usr/bin/cygdynlibvers-0.dll
>
> as there is a
>
>   install-exec-hook:
>         $(RM) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/*dynlib*
>
> that however seems ineffective on 1.8.18.
> Anyone saw the same on other platforms ?
>
> In addition the attached patch was needed to
> to properly link the shared libs to libhdf5
> due to no-undefined requirements.
>
> Thanks
> Marco

attached updated version that remove the need of
install-exec-hook using the proper noinst declaration.
The install-exec-hook did not work properly on cygwin
as the shared libs are not installed on "libdir"

It also properly define the needed

libdy...._la_LIBADD=$(LIBHDF5)

to avoid no-undefined issues on platform expecting it.

Regards
Marco

hdf5-1.8.18-1.src.patch (2K) Download Attachment

Re: 1.8.18 extra shared libs installed ?

Allen Byrne
Thanks Marco! We will try to get this in the next releases.

Allen