Array Slice Output

Aaron Friesz
Hello,

I am searching for a way to output a 'slice' of an array which is distributed over multiple nodes.  This seems like something hdf5 might be good at, but I can't find any indication that it is a feature of the API.

By way of example, suppose I have an array 200x200x200 distributed in my system.  I want to be able to output all the data with a z index of 63.  The resulting hdf output would contain a 200x200x1 array.  Is there a straightforward and simple way to do this?

Thanks for any help or guidance,

Aaron