C++ API for Parallel HDF5 in the future releases of HDF5

C++ API for Parallel HDF5 in the future releases of HDF5

Mihails Milehins
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am aware that, currently, C++ API/bindings are not available for Parallel HDF5. However, I would like to understand if there are any plans to provide support for Parallel HDF5 within the context of the existing C++ API in the future releases of the library. If there are plans to develop the C++ API/bindings for Parallel HDF5, when are they expected to be released?

Related questions:

Kind Regards,
Mihails Milehins

Re: C++ API for Parallel HDF5 in the future releases of HDF5

Peter Steinbach
Any news on this?
Cheers,
Peter

On 08/21/2017 01:01 PM, Mihails Milehins wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I am aware that, currently, C++ API/bindings are not available for Parallel
> HDF5. However, I would like to understand if there are any plans to provide
> support for Parallel HDF5 within the context of the existing C++ API in the
> future releases of the library. If there are plans to develop the C++
> API/bindings for Parallel HDF5, when are they expected to be released?
>
> Related questions:
> http://hdf-forum.184993.n3.nabble.com/using-parallel-hdf-
> with-in-C-td194836.html
> http://hdf-forum.184993.n3.nabble.com/configure-on-mac-os-x-with-mpi-cxx-td2909982.html
>
> Kind Regards,
> Mihails Milehins

Re: C++ API for Parallel HDF5 in the future releases of HDF5

Nelson, Jarom
You might take a look at https://github.com/BlueBrain/HighFive.

Jarom

On 08/21/2017 01:01 PM, Mihails Milehins wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I am aware that, currently, C++ API/bindings are not available for
> Parallel HDF5. However, I would like to understand if there are any
> plans to provide support for Parallel HDF5 within the context of the
> existing C++ API in the future releases of the library. If there are
> plans to develop the C++ API/bindings for Parallel HDF5, when are they expected to be released?
>
> Related questions:
> http://hdf-forum.184993.n3.nabble.com/using-parallel-hdf-
> with-in-C-td194836.html
> http://hdf-forum.184993.n3.nabble.com/configure-on-mac-os-x-with-mpi-c
> xx-td2909982.html
>
> Kind Regards,
> Mihails Milehins

Re: C++ API for Parallel HDF5 in the future releases of HDF5

bljones
Hello Mihails and Peter,

Unfortunately, we don't have the resources to add a test suite for the combination of --enable-cxx and --enable-parallel at this time, or in the foreseeable future.  If you'd like, you could try them together with --enable-unsupported.

-Barbara
[hidden email]