CMake 3.7.x incompatible?

Michael Jackson
In trying to build HDF5 1.8.16 and 1.8.18 I think I have found an issue
with CMake itself? I am on macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) using the standard
Xcode tools and GFortran 6.3. When configuring with CMake 3.7.x I will
eventually get compile errors from the generated fortran headers. With
Cmake 3.6.x I do not get these compile errors?

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks
--
Michael A. Jackson
BlueQuartz Software, LLC

Re: CMake 3.7.x incompatible?

Scot Breitenfeld
We have noticed this behavior in the past.

I tried on my macOS 10.12.x, with 1_8, 1.8.18 and develop and did not have any problems. I tried gfortran 6.3.0 with both gcc 6.3 and the system's gcc, but I have cmake 3.8.0. From your previous email, it looks like cmake failed in detecting the C/Fortran interface, the problem with the line that you pointed out is because one of the arguments is blank. Can you try with cmake 3.8 instead?

Scot