GCC error in HDF5 installation

vijaybaskar energy
Hi

I am installing HDF5 with gcc and gfortran in my ubuntu 16.04 LTS

I got few errors in config.log and I am also attaching the config.log here

gcc version 6.3.0 20170519 (Ubuntu/Linaro 6.3.0-18ubuntu2~16.04)
configure:4514: $? = 0
configure:4503: gcc -V >&5
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-V'
gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
configure:4514: $? = 1
configure:4503: gcc -qversion >&5
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-qversion'; did you mean '--version'?
gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.

Kindly suggest me to solve this issue

With regards
Vijay

Dr. B. Vijay Bhaskar
Assistant Professor
Department of Bioenergy
School of Energy, Environment and Natural Resources
Madurai Kamaraj University
Madurai - 625021

Re: GCC error in HDF5 installation

George N. White III
On 8 February 2018 at 01:24, vijaybaskar energy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I am installing HDF5 with gcc and gfortran in my ubuntu 16.04 LTS

I got few errors in config.log and I am also attaching the config.log here

gcc version 6.3.0 20170519 (Ubuntu/Linaro 6.3.0-18ubuntu2~16.04)
configure:4514: $? = 0
configure:4503: gcc -V >&5
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-V'
gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
configure:4514: $? = 1
configure:4503: gcc -qversion >&5
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-qversion'; did you mean '--version'?
gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.

Kindly suggest me to solve this issue

With regards
Vijay

There is nothing to solve with the above errors.  The configure script probes the
compiler with various options to determine which compiler is being used.  If
configuration worked you should get:

    SUMMARY OF THE HDF5 CONFIGURATION

General Information:
   HDF5 Version: [...]