H5GIterate in C#

elisa sibarani
Hi,

I want to ask does someone ever use H5GIterate in C#.Net? I need those program to check whenever a group is already exist in the hdf5 file, I do not have to create it again, but just add a new dataset to that group.

Oh I also want to check it with dataset, how I can check if a particular dataset is already exist?

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,
Elisa MS

Re: H5GIterate in C#

Quincey Koziol
Hi Elisa,

On Jul 29, 2010, at 8:36 AM, elisa sibarani wrote:

Hi,

I want to ask does someone ever use H5GIterate in C#.Net? I need those program to check whenever a group is already exist in the hdf5 file, I do not have to create it again, but just add a new dataset to that group.

Oh I also want to check it with dataset, how I can check if a particular dataset is already exist?

Thank you so much for your help.

I don't know if H5Lexists is available in the .NET wrapper, but that's the correct routine to use when checking for the existence of a link with a particular name. Here's the reference manual link:

Re: H5GIterate in C#

elisa sibarani
Thank you Quincey.

I'm still new in this kind of thing. Would you mind to give short explanation about the important differences between link and other object stuff in HDF5?

Thank you for your help. At this moment I'm still trying to understand the tutorial from the link. I'll inform later.

Regards,
Elisa

On Jul 29, 2010, at 8:36 AM, elisa sibarani wrote:

Hi,

I want to ask does someone ever use H5GIterate in C#.Net? I need those program to check whenever a group is already exist in the hdf5 file, I do not have to create it again, but just add a new dataset to that group.

Oh I also want to check it with dataset, how I can check if a particular dataset is already exist?

Thank you so much for your help.

I don't know if H5Lexists is available in the .NET wrapper, but that's the correct routine to use when checking for the existence of a link with a particular name. Here's the reference manual link:

Quincey

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Re: H5GIterate in C#

elisa sibarani
Sorry Quincey,

I'm just trying it in .NET, unfortunately there is no H5Lexists in the library.

Do you have another solution?

Thank you.

Regards,
Elisa MS

Re: H5GIterate in C#

Binh-Minh Ribler

Hi Elisa,

The .NET wrapper doesn’t support H5Lexists.  You can call H5Lexists directly using interop for unmanaged code.

Binh-Minh

Re: H5GIterate in C#

Mitchell, Scott - IS
Elisa,

You can look at the .NET code, it's generally not too difficult to add wrappers on your own based upon what's there.

Scott

________________________________

On Jul 29, 2010, at 8:36 AM, elisa sibarani wrote:

Hi,

I want to ask does someone ever use H5GIterate in C#.Net? I need those program to check whenever a group is already exist in the hdf5 file, I do not have to create it again, but just add a new dataset to that group.

Oh I also want to check it with dataset, how I can check if a particular dataset is already exist?

Thank you so much for your help.

I don't know if H5Lexists is available in the .NET wrapper, but that's the correct routine to use when checking for the existence of a link with a particular name. Here's the reference manual link:

http://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/doc/RM/RM_H5L.html#Link-Exists

Quincey

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

________________________________
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.

Re: H5GIterate in C#

elisa sibarani
Hi Binh,

Thank you for your answer, but actually I didn't understand what you mean with "using interop for unmanaged code".

Would you mind give me more explanation about this?

Regards,
Elisa MS

The .NET wrapper doesn’t support H5Lexists.  You can call H5Lexists directly using interop for unmanaged code.

Binh-Minh

Re: H5GIterate in C#

elisa sibarani
hi Mitchell,

Thank you for the reply. But as I said before, I'm still new in this HDF5, so I can't understand what do you mean by that. And, I found that H5G.iterate is almost the same with H5Lexists?

Regards,
Elisa

You can look at the .NET code, it's generally not too difficult to add wrappers on your own based upon what's there.

Scott

________________________________

Re: H5GIterate in C#

Binh-Minh Ribler

Hi Elisa,

Here is a link to that subject: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms973872.aspx.

As Scott said, you can also look at the .Net code for example of calling a C function.

Binh-Minh

The .NET wrapper doesn’t support H5Lexists.  You can call H5Lexists directly using interop for unmanaged code.

Binh-Minh

Re: H5GIterate in C#

Jesse Lai
Elisa,

I added that function in an update I sent to Mike McGreevy at the HDFGroup.

Jesse

On 7/29/2010 9:09 AM, elisa sibarani wrote:
Sorry Quincey,

I'm just trying it in .NET, unfortunately there is no H5Lexists in the library.

Do you have another solution?

Thank you.

Regards,
Elisa MS

Re: H5GIterate in C#

elisa sibarani
Hi Jesse,

Thank you for your reply and I almost desperate for waiting the answer. I do search on the hdfgroup.com, but I couldn't find the update that covers the H5Lexists function.

Would you mind to send me or give me the link to it?

Thank you so much again.

regards,
Elisa

Re: H5GIterate in C#

elisa sibarani
Sorry my mistakes, what I mean is www.hdfgroup.org.

regards,
Elisa

.NET wrappers README

Ruth Aydt
Administrator
Just a reminder to those who are using the .NET wrappers, taken from the README file in the distribution directory:
  Please be aware that the .NET wrappers are prototype software.   Their
  development was funded by customers who had a direct interest in the
  capabilities the wrappers provide, but who did not need the full set of
  HDF5 features nor the full set of .NET types.

  The HDF Group (THG) makes these .NET wrappers available to the community
  at large, but makes no commitment to providing support or updates for
  this prototype software.  This software was developed, documented, and
  tested to the degree supported by the funding received.  It is considered
  a "prototype" because it is not at the same level of production-readiness
  as the HDF core technologies.
I'm concerned that people are relying on the .NET  prototype software for critical (and time-critical) tasks without fully considering the ramifications of the above.  That said, the support from the forum readers is great, and I know of benefit to many.

-- Ruth