H5Pset_virtual_source_path

Nelson, Jarom

The RFC for the virtual datasets indicates that you can set a path in which to search for the source files referenced in the virtual datasets, using the H5Pset_virtual_source_path function. It doesn’t appear that this was implemented, as my header files don’t resolve that symbol. Am I just missing something?

At the moment, I’m using just the base filename as the source file, and h5dump (1.10.0 patch 1) works fine if my working directory is the same as the VDS file (collocated with the source files), but fails to resolve the data if I dump it from a different directory.

What I would like to do is have the HDF library search in “.” relative to the location of the VDS file.

Jarom Nelson

Re: H5Pset_virtual_source_path

Elena Pourmal
Hi Jarom,

The function was not implemented. We will try to address the issue in the release later this year.

Elena
On Jul 13, 2016, at 11:37 AM, Nelson, Jarom <[hidden email]> wrote:

The RFC for the virtual datasets indicates that you can set a path in which to search for the source files referenced in the virtual datasets, using the H5Pset_virtual_source_path function. It doesn’t appear that this was implemented, as my header files don’t resolve that symbol. Am I just missing something?

At the moment, I’m using just the base filename as the source file, and h5dump (1.10.0 patch 1) works fine if my working directory is the same as the VDS file (collocated with the source files), but fails to resolve the data if I dump it from a different directory.

What I would like to do is have the HDF library search in “.” relative to the location of the VDS file.

Jarom Nelson

Re: H5Pset_virtual_source_path

Nelson, Jarom

Thanks. A simple enough work-around in our application is to chdir into the directory containing the file when accessing the virtual dataset, and then chdir back out when done.

[...]

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/hdf5