HDF Java on Maven

Peter Schmiedeskamp
Hello,

I'm looking at the HDF Java package that's available through the Maven Central repository, and see that it's a few revisions out of date (http://search.maven.org/#browse%7C18693883)

Does the HDF Group submit their releases to Maven? It sure makes dealing with Java dependencies easy. Would it be possible to push new versions of HDF Java to Maven at release time? (http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html)

Cheers,
Peter

Re: HDF Java on Maven

Peter Cao
Hi Peter,

Thank you for remaindering us the issue.

We have not submitted our release to Maven yet. Are you talking about the
HDF Java binary products or the source code or both?

Thanks
--pc

On 1/9/2013 11:52 AM, Peter Schmiedeskamp wrote:
Hello,

I'm looking at the HDF Java package that's available through the Maven Central repository, and see that it's a few revisions out of date (http://search.maven.org/#browse%7C18693883)

Does the HDF Group submit their releases to Maven? It sure makes dealing with Java dependencies easy. Would it be possible to push new versions of HDF Java to Maven at release time? (http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html)

Cheers,
Peter

Re: HDF Java on Maven

Peter Schmiedeskamp
Thank you for the response, Peter.

It looks like someone (unclear to me who) had previously uploaded docs, sources, and compiled jar files to Maven, circa 2010. Though outdated (version 2.6.1), it looks like they have sources, binaries, generated docs, and the maven package specification.

Cheers,
Peter

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 7:29 AM, <hdf-forum-request@...> wrote:
Hi Peter,

Thank you for remaindering us the issue.

We have not submitted our release to Maven yet. Are you talking about the
HDF Java binary products or the source code or both?

Thanks
--pc

On 1/9/2013 11:52 AM, Peter Schmiedeskamp wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking at the HDF Java package that's available through the Maven
> Central repository, and see that it's a few revisions out of date
> (http://search.maven.org/#browse%7C18693883)
>
> Does the HDF Group submit their releases to Maven? It sure makes
> dealing with Java dependencies easy. Would it be possible to push new
> versions of HDF Java to Maven at release time?
> (http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html)
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

Re: HDF Java on Maven

Peter Schmiedeskamp
I found this NetCDF thread talking about their move to distributing via Maven repositories, which might offer some insights into how something similar might be done for the HDF-Java libraries: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/netcdf-java/2010/msg00129.html

In addition, I found that NetCDF makes their current releases available via their own Maven repository:

Cheers,
Peter