HDF5 1.8.9 h5dcreate_f memory leak?

vikramb

Hello,

We have been using HDF5 1.8.9 for some time. When I recently tried locating memory leaks using Intel Inspector (2015), I found that it shows a memory leak after the following statement at h5fl.c (line 199):

ret_value=H5MM_malloc(mem_size)

The function where this statement is called is H5FL_malloc. Is there some function call in HDF5 API that we may have missed that could be causing resource leaks like this? The main API subroutine that we call is h5dcreate_f (Fortran API) which in turn calls the ‘C’ function h5dcreate_f. Our program is trying to create a compound dataset in the file. We are calling h5pclose_f when closing the table.

Thanks,

Vikram

Computational Materials Integrity

Materials Engineering Department

Southwest Research Institute

San Antonio, TX

Re: HDF5 1.8.9 h5dcreate_f memory leak?

Quincey Koziol-3
Hi Vikram,
That’s a very old version of HDF5 - v1.8.19 is in release candidate stage right now.  You should think about testing with the latest code and see if the issue is still present.

Quincey