Quantcast

HDF5 running on ARM V 7

Gerhard Kreuzer

Hi Gerd,

ok, I get CMake and I get the GitHub site.

Can you tell me something about the software structure, so I can find some entry point?

In the directory HDF5 I found a lot of cs files, so if I create a solution with my VS2015 setup to produce images for  my target and include all the cs. files into this project, can I get the output I want?

Is this a way to get a VS2015 project producing ARM V7 versions?

At which stage of this process CMake is needed?

Any dependencies?

Thanks a lot, to give me a good starting point.

With best regards

Gerhard

Re: HDF5 running on ARM V 7

Matthieu Brucher
CMake is the tool that will create the solution. Don't create it by yourself, you will miss too many things.
Cheers,

Hi Gerd,

ok, I get CMake and I get the GitHub site.

Can you tell me something about the software structure, so I can find some entry point?

In the directory HDF5 I found a lot of cs files, so if I create a solution with my VS2015 setup to produce images for  my target and include all the cs. files into this project, can I get the output I want?

Is this a way to get a VS2015 project producing ARM V7 versions?

At which stage of this process CMake is needed?

Any dependencies?

Thanks a lot, to give me a good starting point.

With best regards

Gerhard

Information System Engineer, Ph.D.
Blog: http://blog.audio-tk.com/

Re: HDF5 running on ARM V 7

Gerd Heber

There is a VS2013 solution in the HDF.PInvoke GitHub project.

It shouldn’t be too hard to upgrade that to VS2015.

You don’t even need the native dependencies to build HDF.PInvoke.dll.

It’s configured for “Any CPU”. I don’t know if that includes ARM,

but you can change that. It’s also configured for the .NET Framework

4.5 target. You’ll have to change that to your CE target and

maybe adjust the .NET core dependencies.

You need the native dependencies only to run the unit tests or

your own application.

CMake is only needed to build the native dependencies for ARM.

As Matthieu pointed out, it builds the VS solution as a side-effect.

You’ll have to massage the project to pick up the ARM headers and

libs, because it’ll be configured for x86(_64).

G.