Quantcast

HDF5 running on ARM V 7

Gerhard Kreuzer

Hi,

ok,

1.)  HDF5.PInvoke is only an interface to have a way to use HDF5 from managed code, right?

2.) It is no problem to create a VS2015 project, using my settings for  my target, include all the source files and compile it, right?

3.) HDF5PInvoke references 4 native dlls, right?

4.) So I also have to port this dlls, or get the correct versions if available, right?

Where can I find this 4 native dlls, compiled for ARM V7, or where can I get the source? I fiddle through the HDF5.org repository, but can’t find anything useful, maybe I don’t have the experiance to identify this projects. Is this a C++ or a Fortran software, found some notes about Fortran.

Is this the point where this CMake software cames into play?

Sorry about that, but never used CMake or Fortran on modern machines (I wrote Fortran programs 38 years ago, using a DEC PDP 8a computer, there has something changed since this days, I guess).

So please help me to get this 4 native dlls running on ARM V7, I think I can do the job porting PInvoke.

With best regards

Gerhard

Re: HDF5 running on ARM V 7

Gerd Heber

1.) Yes.

2.) Yes.

3.) Yes. (Plus the VS C/C++ runtime for ARM)

4.) Yes.

The HDF5 source is available from https://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/release/obtainsrc.html

(Is our website really that bad?)

Unless you need the Fortran bindings (I guess not), it’s a straight C-build. (no C++ either)

G.