Quantcast

HDFView exception

Rafal Lichwala
Hi,

I'm using HDFView (ver. 2.13) and trying to prepare sample HDF file for
testing purposes.
When I create dataset with 1x2 Variable String type and try to put there
some strings then, when HDFView try to save those values, it shows
exception dialog with message:
"Writing non-string variable-length data is not supported"

What's wrong there? The values I try to put there ARE strings...

See attachments.

Regards,
Rafal

1.png (30K) Download Attachment
2.png (46K) Download Attachment
3.png (8K) Download Attachment

Re: HDFView exception

Jordan Henderson

Hi Rafal,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I was also able to reproduce this issue using the same steps as you. With the release of HDFView 2.13 we have made a few improvements to the JNI, which also seem to have brought about this regression. In the past, variable-length datatypes have proven difficult to get correct, however we are aware of this issue and are working to fix it.

Thanks,

Jordan