Quantcast

How to configure HDF with Eclipse

Phav Makara
Hello!!!

I have a problem when I try to configure the HDF with Eclipse. I already add all the library (.jar) file into my project but I got the following error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jhdf5 in java.library.path
at hdf.hdf5lib.H5.loadH5Lib(H5.java:317)
at hdf.hdf5lib.H5.<clinit>(H5.java:257)
at hdf.hdf5lib.HDF5Constants.<clinit>(HDF5Constants.java:31)
at hdfFileCreator.CreateHDFfile.CreateDataset(CreateHDFfile.java:23)
at hdfFileCreator.CreateHDFfile.main(CreateHDFfile.java:95)
[main] INFO hdf.hdf5lib.H5 - HDF5 library: jhdf5
[main] INFO hdf.hdf5lib.H5 -  NOT successfully loaded from java.library.path
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: hdf.hdf5lib.H5.H5dont_atexit()I
at hdf.hdf5lib.H5.H5dont_atexit(Native Method)
at hdf.hdf5lib.H5.loadH5Lib(H5.java:333)
at hdf.hdf5lib.H5.<clinit>(H5.java:257)
at hdf.hdf5lib.HDF5Constants.<clinit>(HDF5Constants.java:31)
at hdfFileCreator.CreateHDFfile.CreateDataset(CreateHDFfile.java:23)
at hdfFileCreator.CreateHDFfile.main(CreateHDFfile.java:95)

I got some suggestion that I should install HDFView. However, after I install, there is nothing change at all.

Any suggestions here would be really helpful.

Makara

Re: How to configure HDF with Eclipse

Peter.Chang

Hi Makara,

We have Java plugins available at https://github.com/DawnScience/dawn-hdf

Best regards,

Peter

Re: How to configure HDF with Eclipse

Allen Byrne
The jhdf5 jar file will also need access to the libraries for your platform, usually in the same folder as the jar files. Sometimes the LD_LIBRARY_PATH also needs to be set.

Allen