Quantcast

How to specify superblock version when writing HDF5 from Java

How to specify superblock version when writing HDF5 from Java

Nelson, Jarom

I have found that the HDF5-Java ((HDF5-Java 2.11, HDF5 1.8.14) is creating files with a SUPERBLOCK_VERSION of 2, and I’ve also found that IDL version 8.2.1 (HDF5 version 1.8.4) cannot read these files unless I first h5repack the files, which will create an identical file, except with SUPERBLOCK_VERSION of 0. Later versions of IDL (IDL 8.3/8.5, HDF5 1.8.11) IDL don’t seem to have this problem.

Is there a way to specify in HDF5-Java which version of the superblock to use when creating the file?

Jarom Nelson; x33953

Computer Scientist, NIF, LLNL