Quantcast

Request for Use Cases - h5import and text data

Request for Use Cases - h5import and text data

Pedro Vicente Nunes

Request for Use Cases - h5import and text data

h5import is an HDF5 tool that converts floating point or integer data
stored in ASCII or binary files into the HDF5 format. Currently h5import
only processes numeric data. The HDF Group plans to add support for
importing text data into HDF5 using h5import.

We are now soliciting use cases that will guide the design of the text to
dataset import feature in h5import. Please consider text you might want to
import and how you would want to access that text once it is in the HDF5
file, and send your use cases to help at hdfgroup.org before September 17, 2007.

Thank you for your help as we strive to improve our tools.