Zstandard compression plug-in

Andrey Paramonov
Hello HDF5 group!

Zstandard is a real-time compression algorithm, providing high
compression ratios. It offers a very wide range of compression / speed
trade-off, while being backed by a very fast decoder. Zstandard library
is provided as open source software using a BSD license.
www.zstd.net

In attachment you can find an implementation of Zstd HDF5 gilter
plug-in. My tests confirm the good properties of Zstd compression, even
on small chunks.

I'd like the filter binary format to be registered in
https://support.hdfgroup.org/services/contributions.html#filters

Is anything else needed to get the filter ID registered? I think the
filter code is trivial, but if explicit license is needed, please let me
know.

Best wishes,
Andrey Paramonov

believed to be clean.

zstd_h5plugin.c (2K) Download Attachment
zstd_h5plugin.h (630 bytes) Download Attachment