error while writing to HDF5 file

Gopal, Anupam (GE Infra, Energy)

Hello All,

I am storing a two dimensional floating point array in the heap in
contiguous memory locations from a hdf5 file's dataset. I then create a
new H5 File and a new dataset and try to write this data from the heap
to the newly created dataset using H5Dwrite function, but i get an error
in VC++ saying "memory could not be read" and H5error which says
"infinite loop closing library". I checked the data in the heap and its
perfectly fine. Can anybody help.

Regards,
Anupam

error while writing to HDF5 file

Elena Pourmal
Hi Anupam,

Something in your application confused the library and it cannot
close interfaces. But you should not be getting an "infinite loop
closing library" error. We would like to take a look at the problem.

Would it be possible for you  to share with us your application?
(Standalone C  or C++ version that can reproduce the error is
preferable). Which version of the HDF5 library are you using?

Thank you!

Elena

At 3:42 PM -0400 8/2/07, Gopal, Anupam (GE Infra, Energy) wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I am storing a two dimensional floating point array in the heap in
>contiguous memory locations from a hdf5 file's dataset. I then
>create a new H5 File and a new dataset and try to write this data
>from the heap to the newly created dataset using H5Dwrite function,
>but i get an error in VC++ saying "memory could not be read" and
>H5error which says "infinite loop closing library". I checked the
>data in the heap and its perfectly fine. Can anybody help.
>
>Regards,
>Anupam

Elena Pourmal
The HDF Group