Quantcast

getting the location ID of an object

dimstamat
Hello,

is there a way to get the location ID of an object given the object itself, or maybe from the location parameters? (H5VL_loc_params_t).
For example, if we want to iterate over the attributes of group "mygroup", we call H5Aiterate2 and we pass the location ID of mygroup. Then, within the attr_specific function we get the group itself (void* obj) and not its location ID. Is there a way to get the location ID somehow? It is required for passing it to the apply function.

Thanks,

Dimos

Re: getting the location ID of an object

Mohamad Chaarawi

You can’t get the location id, but you can create one yourself using:

H5VLobject_register() if external plugin

Or H5VL_object_register() if internal plugin.

Thanks,

Mohamad