h5copy, segmentation fault

Jialin Liu
Hi,
I’m using the h5copy to convert an netcdf file to hdf5, it returns segmentation fault, the file size is 24G,
the specific dataset that i tried to convert is H5T_STD_I16LE and ( 1617, 4320, 8640).

Any idea about this error? Thanks,

Best,
Jialin

Re: h5copy, segmentation fault

Elena Pourmal
Hi Jilian,

No idea. Could you please send the file to [hidden email] along with the h5copy command used?

Thank you!

Elena
On Jul 14, 2016, at 4:09 PM, Jialin Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,
I’m using the h5copy to convert an netcdf file to hdf5, it returns segmentation fault, the file size is 24G,
the specific dataset that i tried to convert is H5T_STD_I16LE and ( 1617, 4320, 8640).

Any idea about this error? Thanks,

Best,
Jialin

Re: h5copy, segmentation fault

Jialin Liu
Hi, It turns out that the data is highly compressed, once loaded in memory, it consumes 100G or more memory which exceeds the single node RAM capacity.
I think that maybe the reason, Thanks.

Best,
Jialin