h5cp

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

h5cp

Dominik Szczerba-2
Hi,

How / Can I achieve the functionality similar to linux cp?

I want to do:

h5cp dset1.h5:x dset2.h5:y

Of course I know how to do it a longer way using pytables or matlab, but I
have an impression I might be missing something simpler.

Thanks for any hints.

--
Dominik Szczerba, Ph.D.
Computer Vision Lab CH-8092 Zurich
http://www.vision.ee.ethz.ch/~domi
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
URL: <http://mail.hdfgroup.org/pipermail/hdf-forum_hdfgroup.org/attachments/20071229/f42b3fba/attachment.bin>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Pantheon Studios

Digital Pantheon
Hi,

I  am  new  to HDF5 interface. Before We actually start coding, I would like to know some advise for
the  solution  we are looking for. This for users who has been using HDF5 interface for quite a long
time. Please find the enclosed pdf for detail description of the problem.

Regards

Prashant Saxena
Pantheon Studios

www.pantheon-studios.in

Confidentiality  Statement:  This e-mail message may contain confidential and privileged information
and  is  intended  to  be  for  the  use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the
intended  recipient,  be  aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the content of
this  message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by
reply  e-mail  and  delete the material from your computer. This message contains no representations
and warranties.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: HD5.pdf
Type: application/pdf
Size: 42256 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://mail.hdfgroup.org/pipermail/hdf-forum_hdfgroup.org/attachments/20071229/9c840afe/attachment.pdf>
-------------- next part --------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------
This mailing list is for HDF software users discussion.
To subscribe to this list, send a message to hdf-forum-subscribe at hdfgroup.org.
To unsubscribe, send a message to hdf-forum-unsubscribe at hdfgroup.org.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

h5cp

Quincey Koziol
In reply to this post by Dominik Szczerba-2
Hi Dominik,

On Dec 29, 2007, at 4:03 AM, Dominik Szczerba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How / Can I achieve the functionality similar to linux cp?
>
> I want to do:
>
> h5cp dset1.h5:x dset2.h5:y
>
> Of course I know how to do it a longer way using pytables or matlab,  
> but I
> have an impression I might be missing something simpler.

        There's an 'h5copy' utility in the HDF5-1.8 distributions that copies  
full hierarchies and compressed datasets without uncompressing them  
(among other features :-).  That should do what you want...

        Quincey

> Thanks for any hints.
>
> --
> Dominik Szczerba, Ph.D.
> Computer Vision Lab CH-8092 Zurich
> http://www.vision.ee.ethz.ch/~domi


----------------------------------------------------------------------
This mailing list is for HDF software users discussion.
To subscribe to this list, send a message to hdf-forum-subscribe at hdfgroup.org.
To unsubscribe, send a message to hdf-forum-unsubscribe at hdfgroup.org.




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Pantheon Studios

Quincey Koziol
In reply to this post by Digital Pantheon
Hi Prashant,

On Dec 29, 2007, at 5:48 AM, Digital Pantheon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I  am  new  to HDF5 interface. Before We actually start coding, I  
> would like to know some advise for
> the  solution  we are looking for. This for users who has been using  
> HDF5 interface for quite a long
> time. Please find the enclosed pdf for detail description of the  
> problem.

        I read through your PDF and it looks like a reasonable application of  
HDF5.  There are users who are storing millions (or more) of elements  
in a dataset, so scaling to meet your needs shouldn't be a problem.  
Currently, all compound datatypes in HDF5 are stored in a dataset in  
"interleaved" form, which could affect your access to the  
information.  (You can retrieve a single field from dataset elements,  
but it's not currently as efficient as it would be if the fields were  
stored separately)

        Quincey

> Regards
>
> Prashant Saxena
> Pantheon Studios
>
> www.pantheon-studios.in
>
> Confidentiality  Statement:  This e-mail message may contain  
> confidential and privileged information
> and  is  intended  to  be  for  the  use of the individual or entity  
> named above. If you are not the
> intended  recipient,  be  aware that any disclosure, copying,  
> distribution, or use of the content of
> this  message is prohibited. If you have received this message in  
> error, please notify the sender by
> reply  e-mail  and  delete the material from your computer. This  
> message contains no representations
> and  
> warranties
> .<
> HD5
> .pdf
> >
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> This mailing list is for HDF software users discussion.
> To subscribe to this list, send a message to hdf-forum-subscribe at hdfgroup.org
> .
> To unsubscribe, send a message to hdf-forum-unsubscribe at hdfgroup.org.


----------------------------------------------------------------------
This mailing list is for HDF software users discussion.
To subscribe to this list, send a message to hdf-forum-subscribe at hdfgroup.org.
To unsubscribe, send a message to hdf-forum-unsubscribe at hdfgroup.org.




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

h5cp

Dominik Szczerba-2
In reply to this post by Quincey Koziol
Oh that would be fantastic. Is a stable release of this version planned any
time?

Thanks a lot,
Dominik

On Saturday 29 December 2007 15.40:54 Quincey Koziol wrote:

> Hi Dominik,
>
> On Dec 29, 2007, at 4:03 AM, Dominik Szczerba wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > How / Can I achieve the functionality similar to linux cp?
> >
> > I want to do:
> >
> > h5cp dset1.h5:x dset2.h5:y
> >
> > Of course I know how to do it a longer way using pytables or matlab,
> > but I
> > have an impression I might be missing something simpler.
>
> There's an 'h5copy' utility in the HDF5-1.8 distributions that copies
> full hierarchies and compressed datasets without uncompressing them
> (among other features :-).  That should do what you want...
>
> Quincey
>
> > Thanks for any hints.
> >
> > --
> > Dominik Szczerba, Ph.D.
> > Computer Vision Lab CH-8092 Zurich
> > http://www.vision.ee.ethz.ch/~domi
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> This mailing list is for HDF software users discussion.
> To subscribe to this list, send a message to
> hdf-forum-subscribe at hdfgroup.org. To unsubscribe, send a message to
> hdf-forum-unsubscribe at hdfgroup.org.



--
Dominik Szczerba, Ph.D.
Computer Vision Lab CH-8092 Zurich
http://www.vision.ee.ethz.ch/~domi
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
URL: <http://mail.hdfgroup.org/pipermail/hdf-forum_hdfgroup.org/attachments/20071229/d607ba3c/attachment.bin>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

h5cp

Quincey Koziol
Hi Dominik,

On Dec 29, 2007, at 9:06 AM, Dominik Szczerba wrote:

> Oh that would be fantastic. Is a stable release of this version  
> planned any
> time?

        There's a 'beta5' snapshot on the ftp server (ftp.hdfgroup.uiuc.edu)  
and we're planning on getting the final 1.8.0 release out in the next  
couple of weeks (~mid-January).

        Quincey

> Thanks a lot,
> Dominik
>
> On Saturday 29 December 2007 15.40:54 Quincey Koziol wrote:
>> Hi Dominik,
>>
>> On Dec 29, 2007, at 4:03 AM, Dominik Szczerba wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> How / Can I achieve the functionality similar to linux cp?
>>>
>>> I want to do:
>>>
>>> h5cp dset1.h5:x dset2.h5:y
>>>
>>> Of course I know how to do it a longer way using pytables or matlab,
>>> but I
>>> have an impression I might be missing something simpler.
>>
>> There's an 'h5copy' utility in the HDF5-1.8 distributions that  
>> copies
>> full hierarchies and compressed datasets without uncompressing them
>> (among other features :-).  That should do what you want...
>>
>> Quincey
>>
>>> Thanks for any hints.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dominik Szczerba, Ph.D.
>>> Computer Vision Lab CH-8092 Zurich
>>> http://www.vision.ee.ethz.ch/~domi
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> This mailing list is for HDF software users discussion.
>> To subscribe to this list, send a message to
>> hdf-forum-subscribe at hdfgroup.org. To unsubscribe, send a message to
>> hdf-forum-unsubscribe at hdfgroup.org.
>
>
>
> --
> Dominik Szczerba, Ph.D.
> Computer Vision Lab CH-8092 Zurich
> http://www.vision.ee.ethz.ch/~domi


----------------------------------------------------------------------
This mailing list is for HDF software users discussion.
To subscribe to this list, send a message to hdf-forum-subscribe at hdfgroup.org.
To unsubscribe, send a message to hdf-forum-unsubscribe at hdfgroup.org.




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

h5cp

Francesc Altet
A Saturday 29 December 2007, Quincey Koziol escrigu?:

> Hi Dominik,
>
> On Dec 29, 2007, at 9:06 AM, Dominik Szczerba wrote:
> > Oh that would be fantastic. Is a stable release of this version
> > planned any
> > time?
>
> There's a 'beta5' snapshot on the ftp server (ftp.hdfgroup.uiuc.edu)
> and we're planning on getting the final 1.8.0 release out in the next
> couple of weeks (~mid-January).

Ei, a couple of weeks is around the corner.  Do you plan to release the
fix for the H5Zregister() in combination with
the --with-default-api-version=v16 flag?

Also, do you plan to maintain the MSVC 7.1 compiler, right?  In the
medium term it would also great if you can support MINGW in Win as
well.

Cheers,

--
>0,0<   Francesc Altet ? ? http://www.carabos.com/
V   V   C?rabos Coop. V. ??Enjoy Data
 "-"

----------------------------------------------------------------------
This mailing list is for HDF software users discussion.
To subscribe to this list, send a message to hdf-forum-subscribe at hdfgroup.org.
To unsubscribe, send a message to hdf-forum-unsubscribe at hdfgroup.org.




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

h5cp

Quincey Koziol
Hi Francesc,

On Dec 29, 2007, at 11:16 AM, Francesc Altet wrote:

> A Saturday 29 December 2007, Quincey Koziol escrigu?:
>> Hi Dominik,
>>
>> On Dec 29, 2007, at 9:06 AM, Dominik Szczerba wrote:
>>> Oh that would be fantastic. Is a stable release of this version
>>> planned any
>>> time?
>>
>> There's a 'beta5' snapshot on the ftp server (ftp.hdfgroup.uiuc.edu)
>> and we're planning on getting the final 1.8.0 release out in the next
>> couple of weeks (~mid-January).
>
> Ei, a couple of weeks is around the corner.  Do you plan to release  
> the
> fix for the H5Zregister() in combination with the --with-default-api-
> version=v16 flag?

        I'll try, but there's some higher priority bugs on the list right  
now...

> Also, do you plan to maintain the MSVC 7.1 compiler, right?  In the
> medium term it would also great if you can support MINGW in Win as
> well.

        I can't remember what Kent & Elena decided to do about this, I'll CC  
them and they can reply.

                Quincey


> Cheers,
>
> --
>> 0,0<   Francesc Altet     http://www.carabos.com/
> V   V   C?rabos Coop. V.   Enjoy Data
> "-"
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> This mailing list is for HDF software users discussion.
> To subscribe to this list, send a message to hdf-forum-subscribe at hdfgroup.org
> .
> To unsubscribe, send a message to hdf-forum-unsubscribe at hdfgroup.org.
>
>


----------------------------------------------------------------------
This mailing list is for HDF software users discussion.
To subscribe to this list, send a message to hdf-forum-subscribe at hdfgroup.org.
To unsubscribe, send a message to hdf-forum-unsubscribe at hdfgroup.org.




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Pantheon Studios

Dougherty, Matthew T.
In reply to this post by Digital Pantheon
I looked over your attachment, it looks like you are using renderman.
I am doing something similar with HDF5, but using FBX instead.
I have seen work using HDF5 instead of XML for MPEG7 as a way to manage complex annotation of video streams.

Since you are using text streams that have complex heterogeneous Hierarchical graphics, the datasets are restricted to 1D datasets.
Unless you can organize them differently and manage that through your own importer/exporter.

What advantage do you think HDF5 will provide in regard to your production pipeline?

 
Matthew Dougherty
713-433-3849
National Center for Macromolecular Imaging
Baylor College of Medicine/Houston Texas USA
=========================================================================
=========================================================================




-----Original Message-----
From: Digital Pantheon [mailto:digital at pantheon-studios.in]
Sent: Sat 12/29/2007 5:48 AM
To: hdf-forum at hdfgroup.org
Subject: Pantheon Studios
 
Hi,

I  am  new  to HDF5 interface. Before We actually start coding, I would like to know some advise for
the  solution  we are looking for. This for users who has been using HDF5 interface for quite a long
time. Please find the enclosed pdf for detail description of the problem.

Regards

Prashant Saxena
Pantheon Studios

www.pantheon-studios.in

Confidentiality  Statement:  This e-mail message may contain confidential and privileged information
and  is  intended  to  be  for  the  use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the
intended  recipient,  be  aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the content of
this  message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by
reply  e-mail  and  delete the material from your computer. This message contains no representations
and warranties.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.hdfgroup.org/pipermail/hdf-forum_hdfgroup.org/attachments/20071230/3cd85cf4/attachment.html>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

h5cp

MuQun Yang-2
In reply to this post by Francesc Altet
Francesc,
Francesc Altet wrote:

> A Saturday 29 December 2007, Quincey Koziol escrigu?:
>  
>> Hi Dominik,
>>
>> On Dec 29, 2007, at 9:06 AM, Dominik Szczerba wrote:
>>    
>>> Oh that would be fantastic. Is a stable release of this version
>>> planned any
>>> time?
>>>      
>> There's a 'beta5' snapshot on the ftp server (ftp.hdfgroup.uiuc.edu)
>> and we're planning on getting the final 1.8.0 release out in the next
>> couple of weeks (~mid-January).
>>    
>
> Ei, a couple of weeks is around the corner.  Do you plan to release the
> fix for the H5Zregister() in combination with
> the --with-default-api-version=v16 flag?
>
> Also, do you plan to maintain the MSVC 7.1 compiler, right?  In the
> medium term it would also great if you can support MINGW in Win as
> well.
>  
We are maintaining MSVC 7.1 compiler for C only. We also keep the
current support level of MINGW.

Kent
> Cheers,
>
>  


----------------------------------------------------------------------
This mailing list is for HDF software users discussion.
To subscribe to this list, send a message to hdf-forum-subscribe at hdfgroup.org.
To unsubscribe, send a message to hdf-forum-unsubscribe at hdfgroup.org.




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

MSVC 7.1 and MINGW support [was: h5cp]

Francesc Altet
A Thursday 03 January 2008, MuQun Yang escrigu?:
> > Also, do you plan to maintain the MSVC 7.1 compiler, right?  In the
> > medium term it would also great if you can support MINGW in Win as
> > well.
>
> We are maintaining MSVC 7.1 compiler for C only. We also keep the
> current support level of MINGW.

Thanks for maintaining MSVC 7.1 for C.  Also, what do you mean by
keeping the current support level of MINGW?  By this, I understand that
there will still be some HDF5 modules that can't be compiled and that
you won't be publishing binaries for MINGW.  Please, correct me if I'm
wrong.

Regards,

--
>0,0<   Francesc Altet ? ? http://www.carabos.com/
V   V   C?rabos Coop. V. ??Enjoy Data
 "-"

----------------------------------------------------------------------
This mailing list is for HDF software users discussion.
To subscribe to this list, send a message to hdf-forum-subscribe at hdfgroup.org.
To unsubscribe, send a message to hdf-forum-unsubscribe at hdfgroup.org.




Loading...