[hdf-forum] Distributing linux apps with HDF5 HL dependencies

[hdf-forum] Distributing linux apps with HDF5 HL dependencies

Eric Jonas
Hello! I was just about ready to distribute my HDF5-based app when I
realized that I was using 1.8.1. Attempts to try and build on a
debian-derived (ubuntu) machine against their shipped 1.6.5 showed that
they do not include hdf5_hl.h. Similarly, Fedora does not include the HL
library headers either. Has anyone else writing software for linux that
uses HDF5 run into this, and if so, what have you used as a workaround?

Thanks,
                ...Eric

[hdf-forum] Distributing linux apps with HDF5 HL dependencies

Dominik Szczerba-2
Distribute your version of hdf5 along. It is a common practice.
-- Dominik

Eric Jonas wrote:

> Hello! I was just about ready to distribute my HDF5-based app when I
> realized that I was using 1.8.1. Attempts to try and build on a
> debian-derived (ubuntu) machine against their shipped 1.6.5 showed that
> they do not include hdf5_hl.h. Similarly, Fedora does not include the HL
> library headers either. Has anyone else writing software for linux that
> uses HDF5 run into this, and if so, what have you used as a workaround?
>

> Thanks,
> ...Eric

Dominik Szczerba, Ph.D.
Biomedical Simulation Group