[hdf-forum] Problem with Accessing H5D functions

[hdf-forum] Problem with Accessing H5D functions

Bryan Kim
Hello,
I am working with a program that originally used HDF5 v1.4.x
and am currently trying to get it to compile with v1.8.1 (with backward
compatibility set).

When I compile the code I receive the message(s):

        call h5dread_f(dset_id, h5t_native_double, dset, idims, error)
                                                                       1
Error: There is no specific subroutine for the generic 'h5dread_f' at (1).

I verified that the hdf5 libraries are correctly installed and my
path variables point to them. Also, there are other hdf5 functions
used that don't give me this error.

I hope there is a very simple oversight/solution to this!

Thanks,
Bryan

[hdf-forum] Problem with Accessing H5D functions

Elena Pourmal
Dear Bryan,

Please make sure that dims are of INTEGER(HSIZE_T) type (not just
INTEGER). APIs were changed in 1.4.4 release, and INTEGER type for
dims in read/write functions was deprecated in 1.6.0 (back in 2003 :-)

Elena