[hdf-forum] Problem with H5Ovisit, H5Ovisit_by_name

[hdf-forum] Problem with H5Ovisit, H5Ovisit_by_name

Andrew Collette
Hi,

I've encountered a little problem with the H5Ovisit* routines in HDF5
1.8.1, which seem to be ignoring the callback return value under certain
conditions.  The first name given to the callback is always ".",
however, returning a positive value (short-circuit success) in this case
does not halt iteration; the callback is immediately executed for the
first group member.  I've attached a short C program demonstrating this
behavior.

It seems returning a negative value will force iteration to stop in all
cases (including "."); however, this is sub-optimal as it invokes all
the error-handling machinery.

Does anyone know if there's a way around this?  Or is this intended
behavior?

Thanks,
Andrew Collette
[hdf-forum] Problem with H5Ovisit, H5Ovisit_by_name

Neil Fortner
Andrew,

This will be fixed in 1.8.2.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Neil Fortner