[hdf-forum] Using HDF in CVF 6.5 on WinXP?

[hdf-forum] Using HDF in CVF 6.5 on WinXP?

Jian Ma
Dear All,

I am a newbie for HDF. I am using the compiler Compaq Visual Fortran 6.5 on the Windows XP platform. This compiler doesn't appear on the tested platforms, but its former version, DEC Visual Fortran 6.0, was tested on Windows 2000.

I copied files in "42r1-winF90.ZIP" to "include" and "lib" folders of my "DF98" and compiled a F77 program including "hdf.inc", "dffunc.inc" with libs of "hd421d.lib" and "ws2_32.lib". However, errors appear during linking, for example:

LIBCD.lib(dbgheap.obj) : error LNK2005: _malloc already defined in libc.lib(malloc.obj)

Could you please tell me if HDF could be installed on my platform and if so, how to setup?

Thank you very much,
Jian

Jian Ma

Ph.D. Student