[hdf-forum] h5repack in an API

McCloskey, David L.
Is there an API call to make the same actions occur as h5repack?  For example, to reclaim dead space in a file?

David McCloskey
Senior Engineer
Software Products

Westinghouse Electric Company
Energy Center, East 479G
Monroeville, PA, 15146, USA
Phone:  +1 (412) 374-3789
Email:  mcclosdl at westinghouse.com
Home Page:  www.westinghousenuclear.com

[hdf-forum] h5repack in an API

Quincey Koziol
Hi David,

On Aug 8, 2008, at 2:20 PM, McCloskey, David L. wrote:

> Is there an API call to make the same actions occur as h5repack?
> For example, to reclaim dead space in a file?

        We don't currently have a public library for the operations that the
HDF5 tools provide, although we are investigating that possibility.
You can probably use the h5repack code itself however, it should be
pretty modular.