Quantcast

"Re-seating" region references for external links?

"Re-seating" region references for external links?

Chris Green
Hi,

If I have a multi-process application, one rank of which generates a
region reference into a dataset for a file open in that rank, but then
sends that information to a rank managing a different file containing an
external link to that dataset, is it possible to save that region
reference in a dataset in the second file such that it "just works" via
the external link in that second file? If not, is there something I
could / should be doing instead? Parallel I/O to a single file is not
really looking like an option in this case due to the possible numbers
of files involved and the difficulty of managing collective dataset
extension operations.

Thanks for any help

Chris.

--
Chris Green <[hidden email]>, FNAL CS/SCD/ADSS/SSI/TAC;
'phone (630) 840-2167; Skype: chris.h.green;