strange error on Fclose()

dimstamat
Hi everyone,

I experience a strange error on Fclose().

My application simply opens a file, then opens some existing groups, creates a number of groups, and finally closes all groups and the H5 file.
When I create a large number of groups (above 1000) I get this error:

H5Fsuper.c:1068: H5F_super_dirty: Assertion `f->shared->sblock' failed.

Seems like the f->shared->sblock does not have a right value.
Do you have any idea of what could cause this error?

Many thanks,
Dimos

Re: strange error on Fclose()

Dana Robinson

Hi Dimos,

What version of HDF5 are you using? Are you using H5Pset_libver_bounds() to set a particular version of the file format (e.g.: H5F_LIBVER_LATEST)?

Can you reduce this to a small C program that demonstrates the problem?

Thanks,

Dana Robinson

Software Engineer

The HDF Group