Quantcast

undefined symbol: H5E_CANTRETRIVE_g

Martijn Jasperse
Hi all,
A user is having a slightly perplexing issue with a shared library that uses HDF5 when built on CentOS 7.2.1511 x64 with HDF5 1.8.14. The compile goes fine, but when the shared library is subsequently opened (via dlopen), it fails with the following error:
undefined symbol: H5E_CANTRETRIVE_g
I'm having trouble understanding where this error is coming from - as far as I can tell from using grep, this symbol doesn't exist anywhere in either my shared library, or in HDF5 1.8.14. It has the same form as the globals defined in H5Epubgen.h, but this particular name shows up nowhere.
Any suggestions for how to debug this? The shared library works fine on other test systems (including x64 windows and x86 linux), and HDF5 example code also runs fine. I've checked the symbols of the shared library with objdump and nm, but it doesn't show up. Anyone seen this before?
Cheers,
Martijn