Quantcast

validating a vfl plugin

Greenberg, Hugh N
I’ve written a plugin for the virtual file layer that uses an I/O library, which is a parallel I/O library, similar to MPI-IO. I’ve modified the ph5example.c to work with my plugin and all the tests pass. Which other tests may be useful in validating such a plugin? Thanks.

Re: validating a vfl plugin

Miller, Mark C.
I would think you’d want the entire HDF5 (parallel) test suite to run correctly on it, assuming that is the intended outcome and its practical to test.

Mark

From: Hdf-forum <[hidden email]> on behalf of "Greenberg, Hugh N" <[hidden email]>
Date: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 10:15 AM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Subject: [Hdf-forum] validating a vfl plugin

I’ve written a plugin for the virtual file layer that uses an I/O library, which is a parallel I/O library, similar to MPI-IO. I’ve modified the ph5example.c to work with my plugin and all the tests pass. Which other tests may be useful in validating such a plugin? Thanks.

Re: validating a vfl plugin

Miller, Mark C.
Sorry, that probably came across as somewhat flipint.

I was *assuming* that the whole HDF5 test suite can be easily run on various VFDs and/or with various FAPL/FCPL in a genral way so that it doesn’t require modifying each and every test client. That is what I do with Silo library ;)

But, I don’t know that to actually be the case and in all likelihood, it is probably not. So, that’d mean you have a lot of test clients to modify (and not all of them actually test format operations — for example the data conversion tests don’t).

Note to The HDF Group: It would really be good to be able to run the entire HDF5 test suite using different FAPLs/FCPLs. It would make this kind of testing much simpler ;)

Mark

From: "Miller, Mark C." <[hidden email]>
Date: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 11:00 AM
To: HDF Users Discussion List <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Hdf-forum] validating a vfl plugin

From: Hdf-forum <[hidden email]> on behalf of "Greenberg, Hugh N" <[hidden email]>
Date: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 10:15 AM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

I’ve written a plugin for the virtual file layer that uses an I/O library, which is a parallel I/O library, similar to MPI-IO. I’ve modified the ph5example.c to work with my plugin and all the tests pass. Which other tests may be useful in validating such a plugin? Thanks.

Re: validating a vfl plugin

Greenberg, Hugh N
Mark,

It doesn’t seem like the test suite can be easily run on various VFDs in a general way. So, I was wondering which tests would be the most relevant.

From: "Miller, Mark C." <[hidden email]>
Date: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 11:00 AM
To: HDF Users Discussion List <[hidden email]>

From: Hdf-forum <[hidden email]> on behalf of "Greenberg, Hugh N" <[hidden email]>